translating...
Tom Gysel
2009-08-25 17:42:32 UTC
Trying my hands on a translation from English
to tp. How would you revert this back to English?
I'm curious if the meaning gets across:

ni li ike tawa jan Alis: ona li lon poka telo lili
li lon poka meli pi mama sama li pali ala.
meli pi mama sama li lukin e kulupu lipu.
tenpo mute lili la jan Alis li lukin lili e ona.
ona li jo ala sitelen.

thank you. Tom.

John E Clifford
2009-08-26 13:18:36 UTC
Opening passage of Alice in Wonderland. nice but 'jo e sitelen ala'

________________________________

Jim Henry
2009-08-26 15:14:39 UTC
Post by Tom Gysel
Trying my hands on a translation from English
to tp. How would you revert this back to English?
Pretty well, but I recognized the original before I had read the whole
passage, so it's not an ideal test of comprehensibility; better would
be a translation of something more obscure, or something original.
--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/